Is it just me or has Facebook grown exponentially lately?I heard it talked about it during the Election coverage. Lately I have averaged a friend request a day, and as we already established, I am not a big deal on the internet. I have over a hundred friends. (I should note that at least half or more are family, the Johnsons are big clan and I don't even have all of them on FB as my friend.) The point is I finally feel popular years after high school. You like me, you really like me.
I really enjoy catching up with my high school, 4-H, and college buddies. In general I love the whole thing despite the whole breastfeeding debacle so to defend my honor I have joined the "Hey Facebook, Breastfeeding is not obscene" group to make my views known. It is a hard lines stance, no really.
I regularly change my status so that people can know what I am doing. I think they get the sense I am a bit of a smart alec. Why? IDK maybe my BFF Elizabeth can explain.
My husband had a long marketing meeting yesterday. He told me the gentleman feels the Roswell Symphony Orchestra needs a presence on Facebook. I laughed because I have been mentioning how he needed an account so I could send him some flair. My husband may actually be the last person on the planet who isn't using social networking online. Plus he could do it and work and claim it is work, how sweet is that? My mom even has an account.
No that wasn't a burn, it is the truth. My mom does have a facebook account, so do some of her friends. She doesn't know how to use it and asked me the other day to show her how to work her Spacebook account. I giggled and she got on to me about how she really needed help with her Spacebook account. This reduced me to nothing more than a giggling teenager as I tried to explain to her it was Myspace or Facebook. She won't appreciate me mentioning it here either but she doesn't understand blogging either. By the way I did give her a lesson, and I was nice. Well except when she was adding one of her (female) friends and it asked how she knew her I did encourage my mom to clicked that they had dated. We thought it would be a good joke, except my mom's friend probably doesn't know how to check that.


12 comments:
I temporarily closed my facebook page to work on my secret project, but as soon as I'm done I'll re-open the account as I'm missing all the status updates, poking, etc. How did people ever cope before the advent of MyFace, eh? :)
My mom wants to open a facebook page too - suddenly it appears really old people are getting social networking for some strange reason, she's mid 40-something, which is like ancient. ;)
Yesterday two of us were harassing a college buddy and telling her she HAS to get on Facebook. How else can we reasonably keep up with one another?
Which reminds me. . . I need to go check my facebook and see if she's joined yet.
I used to give my 30something friends a lot of teasing about having facebook... I told them it was for "kids."
A few weeks ago, my 30something sis in law told me I needed an account because she was getting a lot of friends requests from MY friends because they thought she was me. (Her name is Jen, too, and now that her last name is my maiden name... well, you can see the confusion, I am sure.)
So I did it and I am tickled at all the friendships I've reconnected with! I even made a public apology on the "walls" of friends I used to make fun of! :)
When my dad opened an account I knew the time of WEIRD had come. He doesn't use it though. He said he opened it trying to find people from his high school---about all 25-30 of them. I'm sorry, but he never went to the reunions, what gives?!
I find that facebook makes me braver in real life, but today I got a friend request from someone I don't want to be my friend. Does that make me awful? And what do you do in that situation? Good grief maybe internet is like the real world!
It all became weird for me when my friends 12 year old asked to be my friend on Myspace. Good thing I don't put naughty things on my page!
All hail the queen! I am not even sure about everything you're talking about.
I am sort of boycotting Facebook for taking down pictures of women breastfeeding. You may have seen the "Facebook Sucks" buttons on blogs....
But I agree, I hear more and more about Facebook and some cool things you can do with it online.
@Tim, another diappearing act? I won't take it personal. I swear.
@bird. I agree it is the easist way to keep in touch.
@jen, who are you kidding? you are totatlly thirtysomething.
@theycallmecurlysue, luckily my dad is hooked on some reunion website so I don't expect to see him and all is buddies friend me.
@heather, I don't recall you ever having a hard time speaking your mind. LOL. You know you can frend people on a limited access or hit deny or indefinately ignore it. ; )
@damselfly, I hear you about breastfeeding however several webpages are similar. Myspace removes artwork depicting breastfeeding. I don't agree with the policy and have made my feelings known.
Believe it or not, I've never even seen a Facebook page. I tried MySpace but prefer my blog. I'm not sure I should even look at Facebook. My time is limited as it is.
I'm on there but minimally. My husband on the other hand has just joined in and seriously can be found at random times checking in account. :)
I love that! My mom's phrase was "MyFace." And she has an account too, as do most of her siblings. It is so much fun to connect with everybody there, though i try not to spend much time on it...
Where are you?!?!?!?
Fabiola
"Spacebook" I LOVE it!
Post a Comment