Well I hope everyone survived the holidays and no fist fights ensued. Ours were good and the only crying came from children under 5 this year. ; )
I haven't been online much being sidetracked by nasty little stomach bug my sister brought from California (it was bitchin, NOT) during my three days of vacation while the kids stayed with Grandma.
Plus we have been totally addicted to Text Twist around my house. Take my advice and please do not start.
New Years was nice, I slept it in and did nothing New Year's Day but hang out with the familia and watch movies and play with our new toys.
Tuesday was a gloomy day. My work day started off with a mess. I found some new overhead cabinets installed at my desk, however everything on the counter underneath was coated in dust and piled up. I bit my tongue and reminded myself I had storage now. Since it took until after lunch to clean it up. No blogging at lunch that day. The weather was gloomy too, lots of clouds, little sun. News of the death of a loved one for some of my coworker friends and of a another friends child having cancer, put me at a real low for the rest of the day and to be quite frank, blogging seemed like a bad idea when you feel that blue.
By Thursday thought the sun was starting to shine again. The diagnosis came in for my friends 6 year old daughter and while she does have cancer it is Stage II while the tumor they found was large, they think they got it all. Yesterday at lunch we took the food we had cooked and some money gathered over to the coworkers mothers house where the family was gathered. It was nice to get to meet more of the crazy Enriquez clan, they are a lot of fun. Plus we got hot buttered tortillas right off the griddle. I think I may take them some more food today, and not out of the kindness of my heart. Homemade tortillas are not a skill I have mastered. ; )
I thought I would show you my holiday photos.

The boys got to visit Santa and tell him everything they wanted.


I also scored an MP3 player and a digital video camera. The boys got games and clothes. My parents worked it out with Santa to have a new playset dropped off at their house. Z dubbed it the pirate park because of the spyglass. They also all got new cowboy boots from Nonie and Padre and I can barely get the boys to take them off to sleep


My nephew Wyatt enjoyed the swing and his new John Deere Apron.








1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back! And those pictures made me feel like I was a part of the family again. :-)
Post a Comment