Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I hope you still love me (okay like me).

 

Well I have internet service again.  It's not the best, but it's better than dial up.  I think it works similar to a cellular phone and reception varies, however it was very easy to set up. Suppossedly the rural telephone company is going to get us a line out here in the next few months, they provide cable intermet that is much faster so I am keeping my fingers crossed for that. I was annoyed at them when then said they couldn't install it last week  after all they are practically my next door neighbors, in fact unless I am going into town it seems like a sin to drive they are so close.  But then again no one has lived on this particular piece of property in 20 years.

I guess a lot of the US got a cold snap over Easter, so did we.  It actually froze, even after the mesquites had leafed out, highly unusual.  We were freezing too Saturday and even worse on Sunday.  We also don't have natural gas hooked up yet either, that has to come across the highway and the gas company said they would do it but it but it would take a few months.  In the long run that would be cheaper than converting everything to propane, which is our other option.  In  any case, that means we have no heat and no working stove. 

Hey and we haven't even stared remodelling the old house, this is just to get the trailer liveable.  I will post pics of the remodeling soon.  I am trying to get the boxes all cleared out of the kitchen. Unpacking takes forever when you are never home. ; )

My sister came home to visit for a month also and I am still spending a lot of time over at mom and dad's during the day.  She is an intererior decorator by trade and has been working on my parents house over the last few years.  She is trying to get a couple of rooms in their house done, yesterday I helped her make an upolstred headboard.  If she is going to finish before she goes home I may need to spend a whole bunch more time over there. 

She has a 19 month old girl  and  I have my 24 month old boy.  They are like an old married couple, they are either have a grand time or fighting.  They are experts on what is theirs.  MINE, MINE, MINE!  This how extreme they go, the other morning Max was hugging me and saying my momma, my momma while he patted my back.  I thought it was sweet and was cooing my Max, my Max back at him.  He looked up at me and said MY Max, MY Max.  Gotta love 2 years olds!

I do intend to get around to everyone over the next few days as I avoid finishing unpacking, taxes and some landscaping projects I have started.  ; )

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good gracious...you certainly have your hands full. I can't wait for the posting of the pictures!!!