Yeah, there ain't too much going on down here.
Yes, I typed ain't, the redneck vibes are sinking in more...
Last week was the fair and of course we had a grand time.
Max had a great conversation with a big blue butt hog.
Z got a deputy badge from the sheriff's posse and insisted I address him as Sheriff the rest of the week.
Oh yeah and grandma (Nonie) bought them new cowboy hats a the big western stores annual fair sale.
And we got eight more chickens, that brings the total up to nine, if you are counting.
Hanging out at the county fair was fun, I used to show steers and have many fond memories of the fair.
Speaking of fond memories, I ran into a lot of people at the fair, I hadn't seen around town yet.
The most popular question was "How do you like living here again."
Of course I smiled and gave an appropriate small talk answer.
But I have to admit it's kind of weird. It seems like I am constantly finding myself transported back 16 years ago or more. I am surprised how much that girl from back then is still around. I am surprised I can say I did anything sixteen years ago. I am surprised the friends who were "expecting" senior year have kids that will be juniors this year. I am surprised how the girls are easy to recognize in the women they have become. I am surprised how the guys are harder to place, how they look like "men." I am surprised that the hot new teacher when I was in 9th grade, is still good looking, but he looks old. I am surprised some people don't see that seventeen year old girl who used to live here. I am surprised that how many times I just had to correct surpised with the spell check.
So like I said.... No tiene nada aqui....
3 comments:
Were you in 4H? I was with my brother and sister. I remember halter training 2 Jersey calves to show in the fair, but never managed to. Our childhoods sound similar.
Talk about a blast from the past. And CRAZY your fellow students now have kids that are juniors!
Hey you moved!!! I found you thru Elizabeth's blog!!! I moved too... I'm on WordPress right now. I needed a change from Spaces... I will have to keep checking you out here!!!
KC
Post a Comment