Welcome to the latest meeting of the blog addicts anonymous.
Old business: A few of you have asked about how the family is going. Well, good actually, last week was rough but I think I may have turned a corner. I'm hoping to post here soon about all that. The kids are doing great. I'll
post some new pics of them soon.
New business: I realize my last two entries weren't exactly earth shattering. However I have noticed only a few comments, since I have had a few problems on other people's spaces trying to leave comments, I am wondering if you are having problems here. If you are, please email me at bugladynora-at-yahoo.com or visit me on blogger
(whitehotmagik.blogspot.com). Hey if you are reading this you are obviously on blogger. Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment. Yes I am a comment whore, I don't even have the spam thing turned on, I'd be happy to get a spam comment, any comment!
Thank you for attending the meeting, now on the the fun social part of the evening.
I am so excited tomorrow we are headed to California. We are headed out to see my sister and family at Camp Pendelton for my neice's first birthday. My parents are taking the boys and I, plus my nephew, Wyatt, 2.5 yrs. (He's too cute he calls me Aunt Noah.) Nonie and Padre (aka Breakfast to Z) think they are quite prepared and have purchased a DVD player with two screens for our viewing pleasure.
Besides hoping for a safe trip, I am hoping that we don't end up stuck in traffic for three hours like we did on the first trip out. The plan is to stay in Maricopa, AZ tomorrow night. I wish we would push on to get there and drive as far as we can stand tomorrow so we can hit San Diego as early as possible. Maybe I can whisper this to Dad and see if he has a plan.
We are going to the Wild Animal Park on Monday. Max looves animals. That wasn't a typo, that kids screams in delight and ooh ooh ooh oohs at anything on TV and loves dogs and kittys. Wyatt (YY for short) is not so fond of animals. He loves tractors, especially John Deer, give him a tractor catalog and he is happy. Animals he's not so sure about. For instance my parents have some horses, YY doesn't want to have anything to do with those "cows" as he calls them. Imagine his horror at the movie Cars. His review: "Tractors not Cows!" I hope he doesn't hate it. My mom (Nonie) has had both her knees replaced the last two years and I hope that she fits in the stoller we rent. I don't think she'll let us get the wheelchair. (Probably afraid we would play with it.)
I also can't wait for the beach. This desert girl has a fascination with all that water. I have my outfit planned complete with matching watershoes. I hope someone doesn't mistake me for a beached whale and try to roll me out to sea.
Tonight the hubby took us to dinner since the drought of no money has ended. He got his first paycheck of the school year today. Somehow we always are stretching too far at the end of the summer since we get July and Augusts paychecks all at once in June. He let me pick, and he made a few suggestions to ge me started on the decison process when I stalled. Red Lobster or Andele's? I pick Andele's so that I can get some extra chile in me before we leave. The choice? Always Tacos Al Carbon. Muy Sabrosa!Grilled meat, fresh tiny corn tortillas, guacamole, beans, limes squeezed over everything and of course the salsa bar. The salsa verde was hot and very great. Only drawback, no margarita or cervaza for me tonight. We ate way too much. In case you are wondering, it is a local joint. I'll be glad to take you there, once we get back, from Cali. (Did I mention I was excited?)
So even though I am full of papas, I am still wired at 9:30 p.m. because as Z put, in the morning we are going to Califormia. (also not a typo) Wooohooo!
1 comment:
I'm dying for vacation. Not really getting one this year. sucks. Have a great time and enjoy those GREAT movies you'll be watching on the way *wink*
: ) Sue
Post a Comment