First let me say I don't want to be more depressing after the last entry. I hope someday to improve my writing skills to the point I can talk about something that is serious without sounding mopey. I feel like I sound mopey, which is probably because I was down in the dumps last week. I have been wrestling with my mind about our current plans. I'll tell you more about that later. The point is I don't want to be mopey, life isn't always what we expect and what we plan, but it is what we make of it. Es verdad?
Thanks to those of you who told me a story. It encouraged me.
So this leads me to this post, as many of you know MuMo transitioned to her next journey recently. I know her name was Karen, but I prefer MuMo. She was one of my first blogging friends. She was the mentor who came by and encouraged me, a friendly voice from afar. She was the one who nominated me for best of spaces, and they featured me way back in December 2005
Yesterday afternoon when I checked my email as the boys were watching football (aka napping) I noticed an email from Dana. The subject line was MuMo and I knew what it would contain. The tears started to form even before I opened it. Dropping by her site, I read the many comments. She was well loved. You might think a blogging superstar like her wouldn't have time to go visit so many but she did.
I remember over a year ago sobbing when she was ill and in the hospital, it didn't look good and I hated the thought of losing my new friend. It felt a little weird that I had become so attached to someone I had never even met in person. Luckily she got better and still imparted her wisdom, funny stories and recipes, although the visits were less often since she was so ill. While I still hate that she isn't here with us, I am grateful she isn't suffering anymore. I know it was hard or impossible for her to do the many things she loved.
I wonder if God will allow her to paint a sunset, just imagine what she would do.
In any case I didn't allow myself to wallow in sorrow long, it just didn't seem like something she would want me to do. I took Z out on a "date" with mommy. We went and saw Charlotte's Web. It was a great movie in my opinion and I couldn't help but see the similarities between MuMo and Charlotte. An unexpected friend when I needed one, who encouraged me, and made me feel special.
Terrific Radiant Humble
Words that reminded me of her. One of the last things the narrator said in the movie was It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both.
I can't think of a better description of MuMo. Goodbye good friend we will miss you and I still look forward to meeting you someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment