Saturday, September 29, 2007

There is such a thing as too much togetherness!

I am having trouble deciding where to start.

Do I explain my absence?

Do I start in on a heavy topic?

Go for the funny?

I guess I'll start with the first and decide on the rest later.

I realized it has been a few days since I have posted. *ahem weeks*

No one has left me any desperate inquires. *knock knock are you still alive
in there?*

You may have thought I joined the ranks of those who have dropped off the
blogosphere without warning. *Hint Hint Jeanie.*

Really the problem is that my computer access has been limited of late, the
time I have had was spent trying to make every extra spare dime on ebay
possible.

Why? Well for the last three weeks the hubby and I have both been
unemployed. Well not really, technically I am employed. I had signed up to
substitute teach before my husband resigned. It just doesn't feel like a
real job. So I started taking assignments, he looked for work and played
stay at home daddy. I scrambled to get all my listings up on ebay and work
and clean. Did I mention he has a text twist and mine sweeper addiction. So
I had to share the computer with him.

I was told I make the children share so I have to too. Sounds illogical to
me.

Good news though, he started work yesterday.

Bad news it is a pretty huge paycut while he is training and so I will be
continuing to sub.

Good news is that give me some days to maybe take some time and write while
I am doing working. For instance today I am watching the In School
Suspension kids at the junior high. There is only one and they are refusing
help so I am free to do as I please. Aren't you lucky??

5 comments:

Hyperher said...

I've been checking periodically. I'm glad you are back!

Malathionman said...

Do you intend to go back to work full time? What kind of work will you be pursuing if you do?

Catherine said...

I empathize with your husband's minesweeper addiction. And the tetris addiction. Basically, the COMPUTER addiction. I've recently invested in an AlphaSmart Neo that does nothing but type text... no internet, no games, nothing but word processing! Now if I could only find something to help me with my procrastination addiction I'd be set.

Welcome back to the blogworld! Good luck with the subbing! And thank you so much for visiting today! New Mexicans are always, always welcome. :)

Catherine said...

I didn't read over my last comment before posting (Hate that!)... What I MEANT to say is that I'm so much worse because of the tetris and computer addictions.

Wow, I completely took the funny out of that one!

Elizabeth said...

I like what you've done with the place... :) And because I can totally relate to a blogosphere absence I'll just commiserate with you.
Which do you like better...spaces or blogger? I think using blogger is so much easier. Spaces is becoming a real hassle, especially when you drop off the face of the earth and then return only to find that stuffs been moved around, etc. ;)