When did I get old?
I have been hurting badly this week. My hip went out. I know, it sounds like something that happens to an eighty year old. I was in enough pain to go the chiropractor and get a massage. Both of which I had never done before and quite frankly made me uncomfortable. Both of which were good experiences and not so bad. I may have to get a real job so I can afford the good life now.
Everyone who sees me painfully get up or sometimes walk asks what happens. Besides slacking on yoga and water aerobics, this is my answer...
Click on the pic to get the big version because while he looks cute and innocent I should tell you he refused to take a nap that day as is more and more the case. I swear he fell asleep in three seconds flat. Notice the one boot on, one boot off and the half eaten granola bar. Please don't notice the dirt on the floor. No really stop looking at it now and go on to the next section. I love him I really do, but I should hire him out to Hoover to test floor mates. I have been through two, maybe because I have to use it fourteen times a day for all the messes he makes.
What is the deal with the commercial for vitamin water?
I want to slap those jerks in the gym crying my water has too many calories. Because mine has none, zero, zip and I like it fine. Maybe I am overexcited because a lady the other day commented my kids were different because they liked water.
or
Now you know I am cheap and don't buy sodas or juice. You might also correctly assume I am jealous of people who actually work out, and whose hips work.
This isn't very timely but it has been bugging me for a while. I hate seeing people on my TV telling me to be green and save the planet when....
They completely change their sets to the color green to emphasize being green and then the next week are back to their old colors. Perhaps you have heard of Recycle, reuse and REDUCE!
or
Maybe I am just trying to justify the fact that I don't recycle glass properly. I have a Rubbermaid tub of it in the back and dream of buying a big machine to tumble into something pretty. Plus I would have to take it to Roswell or Ruidoso or something our city doesn't take it. Don't laugh that I just called Artesia a city, okay laugh it is funny.
Oh and to answer my new friend Weime's question. After all she was the inspiration since a list of these ponderings on her blog. Weeds actually do grow faster, because they outcompete the other plants, one of the characteristics that makes them weedy. They also usually outcompete the native plants for water, sunlight and nutrients. In some ways you could call them genetically superior, but really they are just invaders and usually non native. (I hope that question wasn't just rhetorical.) You thought when I told you I had a degree in Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science it was funny. My mother still cannot say it without giggling.
Night all I am off to hobble to bed, actually I am getting better and better. I might walk like a 60 year old tomorrow. I plan on being thirty again next week or so.
9 comments:
Your hip, my knees. I swear that they sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies when I do anything with them. I need to start taking my chondroitin again. *sigh*
Vitamin water is a load of crap. Eating a healthy diet will get you all the vitamins you need. This is just another way for someone to take your money. Grr!!!!
"Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science"
Ooo Baby!
I hate that being green is so trendy. I'm ready to move to the country and create my own Canadian annex. I also hate that bottled water, packed with vitamins or not, is also trendy. Nothing beats a dug well. I always drink as much water as possible when I visit my parents.
My knee is a bit better. Your injury is much more valiant than mine. Mine was just plain stupid. Feel better.
Hyperher-- a dug well?? Wow your water table must be much higher there. LOL, they have to be drilled around here. Oh and I am sure the hip is just a result of an old frivolous injury.
Malathionman -- I knew that would excite no one but you.
Liz-- may I say ouch! Rice krispies!
Going GREEN is just the next big thing. I've been trying to recycle and conserve for years and now it's just catching on. Funny. The town I live in is so horrible on recycling it's not even funny.
As for the hip bit--I tweaked my foot last night when I was with my trainer at the gym (you've got to read what she put me through!)...but I think I'll be alright. Good luck to you. Think of it this way, you are looking AWESOME for being 80, 60, or maybe now you are down to 55. :)
I feel so freakin' old that it's just not funny. However, I get up at 3:35 A-FREAKIN'-M in the morning just to get to work on time.
That'll do it; every time!
One day you wake up and there you are: hurtin' and sore and limpin' and grumpy.
So what do I do?
Rocket fuel: Pepsi on the way to work and a double tall, one pump white mocha, marble mocha machiatto.
Better living through chemicals!
:)
Feel better, if not younger, soon!
What's up with us (the thirty something women)?? My neck is just killing me.
I hope you are doing better and enjoying Easter...
Fabiola
My parents live in an old farmhouse, built in 1819. I should correct myself: it was originally hand dug, but they now have an electric pump so it's not like going outside to fetch the water. It's not Little House in New England. The flip side is that the water gets low in the summer, so we used to resort to swimming in a pond to reserve water for the farm. Good times. My own house has town water. It's great if there's a power loss. You can still flush!
I'm feelin' for ya, girl, but that sleeping kid is a whopper. I mean it - that pic did me in. I thought it was a cookie and that he went into a sugar coma.
Much like I'm hoping to do soon.
Post a Comment