Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The blog where I explain my absence.


Max started Preschool....


Despite the unsure look here, he had is jacket off was busy playing and barely says bye to momma.

I also placed an newspaper ad for my mom's youngest sisters fiftieth birthday. I won't show it to you, I value my life and hope she doesn't find my blog and have written proof I am the one who placed it, even if it was at my mom's instruction.

Sarge had to visit the vet again, to get his stitches looked at, slow healer that dog.

Oh and I helped a friend move, you know with that last little bit that takes forever! I hate that, but boy I was tired. I should do that every day I would be skinny minne, well if we did not eat monster burritos at lunch since we were working so hard you know.

It was also homecoming in our football crazy small town. Ever seen Friday Night Lights?
You have seen us then.


I helped paint this sign for my aunt's class reunion. And one for the other side.


This is my other aunt's float, also having a reunion, with a sign I had nothing to do with. Too bad it is a nice sign.

Zach turned 6. I made him a clone trooper cake.
I find my lack of cake decorating skills disturbing.

He got his clonetrooper helmet. Yeah Nana!

Great Grandma turned 85 and we had a big party for her. She is the one in the bonnet, my aunt (left) and mom will kill me if they think I am suggesting that they are 85.
This week has less going on, but still promises to be insanely busy.

Jane how do I get off this crazy thing....
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

t i m said...

One of my bosses had a birthday recently I promptly asked her how old she was.

I can't repeat the response I got on here, but I now know to never to ask a woman's age again, yikes!

Who could have thought asking a woman 'so how old were you when the Great Wall of China was built' would be taken as an insult?

Anonymous said...

Nora-looks like you have a spam comment from Warhammer Gold :(

Your son is too cute but boy does he looked ticked!

I remember when Chester had to wear cone on his head-jeez was he depressed but looked so cute!

The floats rock and I love small towns who are addicted to football. There's something about the football spirit--ya know?!

Your cake looks great to me, but then I don't know what a clone trooper helmet is supposed to look like :) Just keep practicing. I'm sure your family won't mind cake once a week!

Your Great Grandma's bonnet is awesome :)

White Hot Magik said...

My first spam comment, no free advertising here sorry. ; )

@curlysue My darling always looks ticked, he really isn't but I need to capture more where he is smiling. He is devious enough to not smile on command. I'll not repeat your cake comment to my family, I don't want to try every week lol.

@tim.. you can still type with all your fingers broken after a comment like that?

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy! I've been busy too, but in different ways. Mostly I've just been too distracted by life to blog. :)

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Wow! You were busy! But it sounds like you had a lot of fun too. Your clonetrooper cake comment cracked me up! Probably looks better than what I would have made, though. :)

White Hot Magik said...

@monkey toe momma I am glad you got the joke. Maybe you sent me this list, http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=1906, but we use it around the house all the time.I find your lack of pants disturbing.

Katy said...

I do like how you're able to do so much with your family now that you've moved.

Since I don't know what a clonetrooper is suuposed to look like, let me say that I think the cake looks great!

Jen S. said...

WOW you've been busy!

Damselfly said...

Sarge looks so pitiful.

But that float looks great!