My ability to injure myself is a bit overdeveloped. Just this morning I decided the burn I sustained during my polymer clay frenzy was healed enough to go without bandage. Little did I know it would be replaced with a new one a few hours later.
This bandage has a serious injury under it, and it is sure to elicit questions. Do I tell the real story or make one up? I think I will evade questions, and you dear blog readers will know the truth.
You see our commode has been leaking and dear hubby was going to fix it this morning. Knowing that, did I go to bathroom at church before I came home? No, not that it would have mattered. I have this mechanism that means I walk through my front door and the bladder twitches. So after being home long enough to peel potatoes for lunch I cannot stand it anymore. I am thankful we live in the country and have as secluded part to the backyard. While I am taking care of business the dog starts heading toward me, as I shoo him off I lose my balance slightly and flail my arms to catch my balance. In the flailing I slap a pane of unbroken glass near me with the knuckle of my right hand middle finger. Didn't break the glass but cut my finger. I gingerly try to put myself back together to get in the house so as to not stain my dress with my now dripping finger. I get in the house and put my hand under running water to clean it off I scream it really hurt, which brings my husband running from the bathroom. As I inspect the cut and see it is quite deep and quite wide and notice white things inside, he nearly passes out, he doesn't do blood and guts.
My brother the EMT comes out and butterflies it for me, tells me it needs stitches. However I am cheap and decide that isn't necessary. Then as I end up explaining the whole story to my mother, father, brother and sister I realize I need a covers story. Can I really admit to people that I had to micturate in my own yard and then nearly sever a finger on something that doesn't belong in my yard so the dog doesn't lick my bare butt in the process?
Typing is slow, writing impossible, I am wondering how I will fix my hair. I have decided I will have my dad help me rebandage it to keep my husband from having more spells. And the toilet is leaking from the tank now after dear hubby put it all together again. However I can just turn off the valve and we will deal with that after he does the dishes. At least we are still laughing about it.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
The one where I get out of dishes for a while.
Labels:
kicking my own butt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh! I am so sorry to hear about your finger! Ouch!
But hey, no dishes for a while is kinda nice. ;-)
Hope it heals quickly.
~ Annie
"Can I really admit to people that I had to micturate in my own yard and then nearly sever a finger on something that doesn't belong in my yard so the dog doesn't lick my bare butt in the process?" That really says it all...! Good thing you can laugh about it!
Ow..ow..ow..ow!
Hope that white stuff inside wasn't a few sliced tendons. Then again if you can't use it you may never have to do dishes again....lol
Sure hope it heals fast.
Okay. I know I shouldn't have but... I was laughing and laughing and laughing at the thought of you... Lawds! I really shouldn't have but I just couldn't help it.
TFF!
I do hope you heal soon.
And your potty gets fixed, too.
:)
Hey, my kid pees in the backyard and both my toilets work!
I'm surprized your husband is having a hard time on the repair. Toilets are one of the few plumbing projects I'll atempt. If I had only one toilet I would consider a plumber just because I wouldn't want to further screw things up.
If I am ever in New Mexico, and I go to visit you. I'm going to be real careful walking through your yard.
@annie, no dishes is a good upside.
@ damselfly the laughing keeps me from crying
@ stacy, now I am feeling kinda worried.
@natalie, you know I laugh at your stories too.
@malathionman, If you ever show up at my house, I'll be sure to pass out the PPE in case we run into some pee. You have some at your house for visitors right?
I'm so sorry about your finger!! It is a really good story though!! I hope it is feeling better soon. I sliced a tendon in my thumb once and the guy who stitched it up missed it, the genius! (nurse practitioner, not doctor) It healed on it's own, it just took a while. While getting stitches, they had to put a tourniquet on because I was bleeding so badly. They were joking about losing a patient who bled to death from her thumb. Ha ha....
Kristin
LOL LOL LOL
Ok, sorry to laugh but seriously.... how can I NOT???? :o)
I say, forget the cover story... this is TOO GOOD to not tell!
Dear Nora... I am sorry but I had to laugh. It is impossible not to.
I hope you are healing well.
Fabiola
Ouch!
Well, I guess now that you've posted on your blog, you'll have to 'fess up!
So sorry to hear about your finger -- hope you recover soon.
When I cut my hand a few months ago, I got out of a whole lot of moving. Still had to do dishes and bathe the kiddo, though (darn those latex gloves!)
Post a Comment