Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You feeling lucky? Are you?

Luck is in the air as we shake off winter and celebrate the beginning of spring round here. An unexpected but welcome offer came my way this week. Max is turning four and I hope to get his birthday party pics up soon, we had it a week early. We head of for spring break in a couple of days, a quick stop at the Mother in laws mountain abode and then the kids and I will pile in with my parental units and nephew and go pay a visit to my sister in California with a stop at Legoland.

I even have high hopes of winning a contest or two in the near future. Seriously my NCAA brackets rock, or should I say rawk, they are that good. I have them entered in no less than three places. If you want to enter our bracket on FB, just follow the link.

Seems some other bloggers are feeling the need to give away too. For instance Mocha Momma is giving away a fabulous prize if you leave your dumbest stunt in the comments. Watch out for turfdad's comment, just be glad you didn't see the orginal post on that one. I nearly had to gouge my eyes out, good thing I was wearing PPE. ; )

Wifey is also giving away some very pretty souvenirs from her cruise to the Meditteran which she got to take to for the travel channel. If she weren't so dad gum likeable I might just be jealous of her. I think she should give job advice as well, really how does one get paid for that. Don't worry I don't think it will change her since she is a former star of TLC's A Wedding Story.

Have fun folks!

8 comments:

Bobby's Dream said...

I loved the birthday pics! You are like me, I go all out for my boys birthdays. This year will be a pirate theme. I can't wait! I get more excited I think than he does!

Have a great Spring Break! Be safe!

I will be in California too! No legoland tho...

Turfdad said...

I know you liked those pictures. You just want to see the outfit that went with them.

Haven't you done Legoland? I think you should go down to Pacific Beach and walk on the boardwalk get some tattoos.

Anonymous said...

Even tho MochaMomma has ended the concert, I'll tell my dumbass story. Two of 'em.
1. When I was pregnant with my youngest, I CRAVED weiners cooked over an open flame. So I would stand at the stove, holding a frankfurter with a fork until it burst open. One day, I didn't wait for it to cool and popped it in my mouth and wound up with 8 tiny blisters on my lips. 4 on the top lip and 4 on the bottom. OUCH!

2. I used to buy a lot of magazines and one month, Family Circle had a georgous cake on the cover. It was to be baked from scratch, so I gathered all the ingredients and spent the afternoon baking and decorating it. Hubby came home and I proudly showed it off before I cut into it. I forgot the sugar. It's now known as "Mom's Dirt Cake" episode.

Have fun on the break~

xoxo
Dana

Anonymous said...

Concert? Contest. Add that to this list.

xoxo
Dana

Fabiola said...

I am so mad that I lost her contest.

I lost my house keys inside my own car and when the key maker arrived I found the keys right where I left them in the first place LOL...

Fabiola

Fabiola said...

Where are you????

Fabiola

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Are you taking a break? When you come back, I tagged you with a meme. Hope everything is okay. Hugs!

Becca said...

Hey you...how are you? No new entry for more than a month, check in would you? Many hugs..shoot me an email, you haven't dropped off the face of the earth have you? :-)