I have three things whirling about in my head right now lets see if I can connect them all in a way that makes sense.
#1 What kind of blog is my blog? I had found a blog listing thing called Momsdotcom. I threw my name in the ring, they wanted to know where I fit in. I don't really know. While I am not opposed to mommy blog, that is obviously not my only topic. Nor is it crafts, relationships, gardening or whatever I choose to blog about. Probably one of the reasons I am not commercially successful at blogging, but that is not really why I do it either. (That last comment is tongue in cheek, I would take the money, but I am not willing to do what it takes to get it either.)
#2 There was a category for Christian blogs or Christian moms, again something I don't hit on in every entry, but I am a Christian. Honestly while, I feel like my faith is stronger than ever, I am hesitant sometimes about hitting my readers about the head with it. I know I have a diverse group who do not believe the same as I. Sometimes I wonder if that is an excuse.
#3 Spiritually I find myself at a branching point. While we are growing, we are having to find ways to mix the old with the new a lot lately. One of the advantages and reasons we moved was to start over. In particular my husband felt like he needed to be separated from some things that were destructive in his life. Lately we have had several opportunities to be with old friends, who I hold dear, but I worry about him missing his old life when he is with them. For a long time he wanted to escape reality with them instead of come home to wife and two kids. I think we have moved past that but the specter of it happening again makes my gut churn.
#4 There are certain two people in my life, whom I will not name, who bicker a lot and I often feel caught in the middle. Today was a prime example of them both assuming the worst of each other and bickering about what they think the other one means or wants. I love them but want to shout, BE THE HERO, let it go and just listen, give them the benefit of the doubt, you could be good friends, without all the drama. (If you are one of those two people and you happen to read this remember I love you both.)
In conclusion, I think I should take my advice from #4 there and apply to to #3 and try and find a way to discuss this with my hubby instead of assuming it will cause a big fight. And maybe find a way to better employ #2 in my life in a more outward way. I have been neglecting my bible study and after taking the time to do it today, I can feel more confident that we will get through this bump too, we have to face these issues sometime. #1 will probably never be resolved, I don't see myself sticking to any one topic for long.
Technorati Profile
#4 There are certain two people in my life, whom I will not name, who bicker a lot and I often feel caught in the middle. Today was a prime example of them both assuming the worst of each other and bickering about what they think the other one means or wants. I love them but want to shout, BE THE HERO, let it go and just listen, give them the benefit of the doubt, you could be good friends, without all the drama. (If you are one of those two people and you happen to read this remember I love you both.)
In conclusion, I think I should take my advice from #4 there and apply to to #3 and try and find a way to discuss this with my hubby instead of assuming it will cause a big fight. And maybe find a way to better employ #2 in my life in a more outward way. I have been neglecting my bible study and after taking the time to do it today, I can feel more confident that we will get through this bump too, we have to face these issues sometime. #1 will probably never be resolved, I don't see myself sticking to any one topic for long.
9 comments:
I have friends who get upset with me that I don't blog more about Christianity and it sort of pisses me off that they want ME to use MY blog for a reason THEY think.
It's not why I write. They need their own blog.
I hope the folks in your life stop fighting.
Well Nora... I guess I have one comment about 3 topics:
1.I don´t fit in any blog list too. And there are a lot of people who are prejudice about me being a Brazilian. Sometimes, I read a few posts out there that it make me think, these people call themselves Christian people and they have this kind of prejudice? They should rethink their concepts and their beliefs.
2.About my faith, I was born and raised Catholic, I love the thought of having Virgin Mary (in all her denominations) to strength my faith and give me support during the hard times, but I cannot engage in any kind of Catholic Group in any Catholic Church. I don’t feel comfortable.
3.Friends can be a point of arguing. Especially when you come from two different backgrounds. I struggle with this either and a good dialog it is the best tool.
Have a nice Sunday.
Fabiola
I would have a tough time trying to categorize myself as well. Don't do it! Plus, doesn't it sort of box you in, putting up boundaries that you'd immediately want to break? ;)
I found myself bickering with my baby sister while in California. I was right. She could have been right. (insert wink here) Who then decides who's feelings outweigh the other? What a mess. I hope those in your life doing the same thing will do the easier thing for YOU and stop doing on your lap. (so to speak!)
It is weird that you write about this now. I was actually talking to someone the other day about shutting down WGAPE so that I could start a new blog, one with no Malathionman. A blog that is more serious and less "all over the place". What the hell was I thinking? I need to be "all over place" or I would run out of stuff to write. Malathionman lives to write about whatever he freaking wants to write about.
@hummybyrd. You are older so of course you are right. (wink wink says one older sis) Not that I always succeed, but letting some negative feelings go even when we know we are right is sometimes the right thing to do.
@Malathionman. Please don't send me into depression. I would hunt you down and hurt you if you stopped WGAPE. Remember I am licensed to use the really nasty chemicals that make malathion seem like lemonade. ;p
@Mocha: I don't take well to suggestions either.
@Fabiola: Maybe I am ignorant but I see no reason to be prejudiced against Brazilians. It may have been the number 2 reason I read your blog in the first place. #1 being you are so kind.
I don't have a category either... nor am I trying to fit in one. Wouldn't work either - life ain't a one size fits all... and I like it that way!!! Like many above me in the comments - we COULD write about our faiths if we wanted too ... key being - this is our blogs and we write about what we want to write about. If ones faith is a topic one wishes to exalt all the time... so be it... but that, like our faiths (or lack thereof), is a personal choice.
So if I were to pic a category that a lot of our blogs are about - I would simply say = LIFE. That's it.
And women friends - I love them dearly but the cattiness and competition drives me bonkers. I have told them on more than one occasions when they do the same - TELL THEM and DEAL WITH IT. I am not getting in the middle!!! Ugh! Love them to pieces but come on already!!!
Hope this finds you well...
Much love,
KC
I struggle with the 'what type of blog do I have' question.
I try to answer this with different topics for different days of the week.
I try to stick to a couple of days where the topic is always the same. It helps me focus my blog and lets me have the rest of the week for whatever comes up.
I'm sorry to hear you're sort of caught in the middle of those people fighting. I think people need to work out their own issues. And I hope your old friends don't tempt your husband into doing things he doesn't really want to do anymore.
You know, I don't have a category either and that is a bit of quandry sometimes. I actually suggested to bloghercom that they add a category for mom's of children with disabilities, but that hasn't really gone anywhere that i know of. Besides, sometimes i just want to type random stuff.
Post a Comment