We all know it is not environmentally friendly to drink bottled water anymore. Besides the possible chemicals leaching out of the plastic, there is the problem of those bottles filling up landfills. Lastly there is the expense, we gripe about the cost of a gasoline, but paying $1.00 a pop out of a soda machine is at least twice as costly as gasoline.
Mary Hunt of Deabt Proof Living recently sent out an article recently urging fellow everyday cheapskates to drink tap water. I admit I am a bit addicted to the taste of my fancy water and have never been happier since we installed a Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration system in our home. No more hauling five gallon bottles or having it delivered. The cost for as system from our local club warehouse was only about $150.00 and has easily paid for itself. We have an extra tap added to our sink, pictured here, that delivers delicious water every day. If you take a look at your favorite brand of bottled water, it is probably RO water that has been bottled.
My ice cubes are clear, not cloudy, my tea is tasty and our coffee has that extra kick.


Mary Hunt of Deabt Proof Living recently sent out an article recently urging fellow everyday cheapskates to drink tap water. I admit I am a bit addicted to the taste of my fancy water and have never been happier since we installed a Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration system in our home. No more hauling five gallon bottles or having it delivered. The cost for as system from our local club warehouse was only about $150.00 and has easily paid for itself. We have an extra tap added to our sink, pictured here, that delivers delicious water every day. If you take a look at your favorite brand of bottled water, it is probably RO water that has been bottled.
My ice cubes are clear, not cloudy, my tea is tasty and our coffee has that extra kick.

6 comments:
An RO filter sounds really cool. We love our little Brita filter. Even have Doug sold on it.
The whole bottled water thing is such a scam!
Bottled water is a RIDICULOUS expense! I find that tap water, when served ice cold, can be just as tasty as the bottled stuff. I've been wanting to look into getting a filter, though. I assumed systems like yours were WAY more expensive than that.
I remember either hearing someone or reading an article that was lambasting us wasteful people who pay for bottled water when we have such good quality water right out of the tap. People in 3rd world countries would kill to have our water.
It makes me feel a little guilty when I look at my swimming pool. There are people in the world that don't have clean water to drink or cook with or bathe in, yet I have a whole pool full of it for the sole purpose of recreation. It almost doesn't seem right...
Here's the part where I brag ever-so-slightly that my tiny town is tapped to a natural spring and the water that comes out the tap is super-wonderful. That said, I do worry about how much all tap water is treated these days. My parents have a filter--maybe I should look into it?
Hmmm...I drink bottled water. Guam water authority says the water is clean but I still get a little nervous!
The day I spelled 'Evian' backwards was the day I stopped buying bottled water. ;)
I am afraid that I still drink carbonated flavored water, and I do recycle my bottles, so I don't feel like they live forever in a landfill.
Post a Comment