Have you ever thought that men get listened too better?
For instance there have been times I took a man along with to tell another man something just because I wanted to be heard. Like when taking in a car to repair, if a man says tells another man the horn honks every time you turn right, he believes it. When a woman says it, we must be joking.
We used to do experiments with one boss. One woman would make a suggestion and he would shoot it down. Then a few days later we would send a guy in with the same suggestion, he would go for it. We tried it many times and different ways while we all really liked the boss, he obviously put more stock in it when a man said it. This prompted my coworker Barb to lament that she needed a penis to be heard. You know we we gave her plenty of symbolic peni (plural?) over the years to try and help her out.
While I think I have worked on the technique and after years of working more with men than women, I think I know how to make myself heard. Maybe I have been just fooling myself, though my son has outed me, and apparently I could make Barb jealous.
The following story will surely bring up lots of questions. I should make it a point to tell you we do practice modesty in this house, but we only have one bathroom, and sometimes things are seen. In any case, I hope it gives you a good laugh.
Recently my mother was watching four of her grandchildren one night while we went out and had good times. She gave them all a bath before bed. My youngest, Max age 3, was concerned about his younger girl cousin lacking a certain appendage. My mother tried to explain to him that girls do not have a penis. She further elaborated saying she didn't and his momma didn't. WHOA, stop right there, Nonie. He got very angry and informed her that his mother did too have a penis, it was just really small.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My secret is out
Labels:
parenting,
What did he just say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
LOL!!
Sounds like he knows who wears the pants in your house!! :)
hahahahaha!
a...
hahahahahaha!
Oh...
hahahahahaha!
God, kids are so danged funny!
*wipes tears*
hahahahahaha!
Lordy.
Thanks for the great laugh!
:)
I twist on the man/woman thing from a teaching viewpoint.
When a male teacher raised his voice, he was being forceful.
When a female raised her voice she was yelling.
Men seem to get more respect no matter what profession you are in.
I wonder if that is true in professions that are historical feminine...like nursing? Anybody out there know.
Ha. That is too funny. You really do need that Laser Vaginal Rejuvination, don't you?! Smiles!
So what's the secret?
OK, movie trivia time. What is name of the girl/guy character in "The Crying Game?"
hahahahah!!! He is way too funny!! As we say in portuguese: "Ele é uma figura", in English it is something like "He is a piece of work.", but with a more childsh and funny sense.
Fabiola
YOU ARE KILLING ME!!! that is too frikin' funny.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Can't WAIT until I start having conversations like that with my kids. Oh wait. I can. :-)
Kids just crack me up. I love to write down the things they say, just so I can remember them years from now.
ha ha ha!
don't let him watch 'transamerica' until he's old enough. ;)
Oh my goodness! How funny! Kids really DO say the darndest things!
LOL -- What a great story!
What's up with the whole listening to men thing anyway? The same thing happened when I was working at a university....
Kudos to you for breaking out of the mold!
Is it a detachable penis?;)
A few years after my dad died, my mom decided to have a covered porch built in her back yard. The contractor would not listen to her, telling her she doesn't know what she's talking about and she should just listen to his suggestions. My mom had my husband tell him the same thing she had said a few days before and LO! it made sense to him. Putz! Yeah, she fired the guy and got someone how would listen to what she wanted.
Post a Comment