I wasn't going to post about this because quite frankly it hurts still.
I already lost my awesome job. While out on our rounds on Monday and Tuesday, they lost a several hundred acres and I could tell it worried my new employer. She said it usually evens out, but on Friday she called and said the rest of the week hadn't produced any more and she was afraid that was going to have to be the end for now, it was too big of a hit for them to support having me on as well.
Of course I worry about what I did wrong. Logic tells me that I didn't do anything but still my mind can think of a billion stupid things.
This week I have had two friends in California laid off, and know the hits to their family is far worse than the hit mine is taking.
Of course the reality is that we have a money situation facing us that I know is going to put us in the hole if we have to rely on our current incomes. I really do need a job that is providing me with more work that subbing is right now.
So all weekend long in quiet moments I obsess about which not as ideal job as the last one should I apply for. This morning I literally wake up worrying and have knots in my stomach about what is coming up this week. I pray as I work in my garden, getting out some frustration, I tell God which job I think is best and why... wondering what will happen... how will we pay this bill now. I want answers about why this great opportunity was dangled in my face and so abruptly taken away.
I try to enter church on Sunday mornings with a clean heart and clean conscious. I think I need to read and pray before church today. As I open my bible Jeremiah, 29:11 comes to mind, I wonder why? I am only on chapter 2 of Jeremiah. So I look it up and remember making a graphic of this verse as a present for a friend.
I feel a peace come over me as I try to remember that while I may not be in control right now, someone far more powerful is, who has seen me through much much worse circumstances.
Then I was checking out Renee Swope's Blog, The Journey of my Heart, and it was dead on for me this weekend. Writing on Phillipians 4:5-7 she states "In the NIV translation, Verse 7 says, "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Oh that God's peace would transcend my need to understand! Sometimes that is my biggest problem, I can accept what God is doing if He'd just help me understand why He's doing it that way." Wow, that describes me to a T!
So I felt moved to share from place of hurt, because I am sure I am not the only one wondering why? What will I do now? What did I do wrong? I know trusting that I am in the right place doing the right thing is so very very hard when things don't go my way.
I also found this graphic I had made while looking for the one from Jeremiah. I really cannot think of a better conclusion than this, and marvel how when I asked for peace about this situation how many great examples I happened across this morning.
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Who knows the plans he has for me?
Labels:
spirituality,
thank God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I am so sorry. I hope things get better soon and you find another job to help with your finances. I'll be praying for you. :)
Stay strong sweets. We're here to cheer you on. *hugs*
Aww Sorry for the job loss. In Carlsbad they are hurting for Subs, so I guess it's not the same in Artesia. I hate that it's becoming so hard to find good work!
We sold three of our bull this week so I could pay for school, I'm not sure hubby really wanted to!
Here is a {{hug}} for you and hoping that things are getting better. Send me an update and let me know what is up when you get a chance, okay?
Sorry about the job--stuff is just sucky money-wise these days.
Whenever I am completely freaking out about money and stuff, my mom remind me that she and my dad went YEARS not making ends meet and now things are fine. That makes me feel better.
Hey sweetie, sorry to hear such bum news. Not just the money, but the dream. Seems to be viral anymore. One thing you have though is your faith. Hang on to it. My prayers are with you as always. I have not forgotten you over these months and have thought of you often. Even peeked in (hehe). Sending a 'hug' your way!
It is though..You´ve been reading my blog and you saw what we are going through. I can tell you, things are even worse than they were on my last post.
I can tell you, the only thing we can do is to trust that someone more powerfull is in control of our lives.
I hope everything is getting better.
Fabiola
I'm so sorry. On two counts. First, about your job. Second, I'm a newbie for the gift swap. I didn't know what is usual. Therefore the bubble package. Even more fun if you enjoy them all at the same time. If I get you in a future swap, I'll have more experience. Hope you have an enjoyable Valentine's Day. ~The Gaelic Wife
Good morning! Don't forget to post what you received for your swap!
Hugs,
B
Lots of us are in that place. I'm subbing too, and am DEFINITELY not getting called enough to meet what we need. Yet somehow, mysteriously, the bills get paid, we have food and electricity.
That is my all-time favorite bible verse.
So sorry about your new job. I know how that is. It is really rough these days -- we also don't know how we'll make it and my p/t job's income barely covers my car payment. Oh well. I just keep hoping things will work out okay and trust that whatever happens will happen.
People are keeping you in their prayers *hugs*----sorry I'm so behind in reading!
Post a Comment