Z's party went great, except I personally didn't take any pictures. My unofficial photographers haven't shared the photos with me yet. I want to make a cool photo montage of my little men but haven't seem to have the time and energy to get that done this week.
It's been a busy week, not necessarily bad, just busy. Here's a recap of the last week.
Friday-- Meeting with counselor. He thinks we are ready to have the hubby move in with me by next weekend. I am not so sure, still not convinced when we leave the office. Feeling a bit stressed, but managed to get it under control with a walk instead of the chocolate I was craving. Score one point for my unofficial diet.
Saturday-- Coffee and a green chile bagel at Milagro Coffee Shop with hubby and kids. Muy bueno! Run into old friend from high school, and had a nice visit while there. Birthday party at Chuck E.Cheese. I danced with Chuck E. I bet you are glad you missed it. Afternoon of putting together toys and finally watching Goblet of Fire. I cried at the end, I am such a sap. Good family day.
Sunday-- Migrane that made me spinny and loopy without the fun of drinking first. Nothing accomplished. Slight fear that the food I took for snacks at Sunday School had made everyone else sick like me. I ate more the next day and was fine, whew! Plus I didn't receive any extra prayer requests in my email box, so I don't think that was the cause.
Monday-- Interviewed people for my two open positons. Amazed that I was getting overqualified applicants and hire two people. We also had a dinner at the nursery for the local horticulture students at the university. Another supervisor and I gave a tour to the students. We let them pick who they went with and my former employee dubbed crying girl come on my tour. I told you she didn't cry because of me! Got to visit with some old professors and other plant nerds had a good time.
Tuesday-- We had Sexual Harrassment and Descrimination training provided by the NM Department of Labor. The first thing my boss does is ask the presenter (who also investigates claims against companies) what the shortest time she has ever heard of someone working at a job before quitting. I thought I might not be the worst when she asked, "Down to the second?" but even she was shocked at half an hour. Apparantly half an hour wins the contest statewide. She kept her eyes on me like I was someone who needed to be watched closely after that. Great, my reputation grows. ; )
Wednesday-- Start the day off with one of my new hires right. I got my truck stuck in mud so bad that I had to be pulled out. Damn. I haven't done that in a long time. Then to save my life I couldn't drive the truck out straight. (In my defense it was muddy sugar sand.) So I had to let him back the truck and I pulled with the tractor, which I was slow at because I am apparantly also incapable of backing it straight. I guess it serves me right I gave him a hard time about being a real Aggie since he is a graduate of Texas A&M. (You know because us NM State Aggies are smart!) I was the one acting like an Aggie for sure. At the end of the day I had a meeting with the preacher of the church I have been attending. No time to change or clean up first and so I go in covered in mud, nice. He did treat me like a lost hobo and I think gave me some helpful advice about the situation with the hubby I feel much better. Went home to clean up and go back to church for Z's Children's Choir and my big Choir. I am so excited I haven't got to sing in a Choir in 4 years! For a church choir this is a good choir, and I am singing 1st Alto. I love that I even have that option. I'd love to sing in one of the Community Choirs that sings Requiems and the like but I can't afford the sitter every week, so to find a Church Choir on almost the same level is super exciting!
Thursday-- Actually not eventful, but I was tired, too tired to blog. Teaching my new guys what I expect about working means I have to work with them and damn, working just wears me out. LOL. I'll be glad when I can go back to being a supervisor and just lean on my shovel. Know what I mean. ; ) Oops I mean planning and coordinating and researching, not leaning on a shovel watching people work, I don't do that. That would be wrong. ; )
Friday, September 22, 2006
This was my week, How was yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lean on your shovel, eh? So that's how it works. :-)
Sounds exhausting and busy!!!!!
Post a Comment